“The One And Only Zuma Dogg” – Los Angeles Times
- Featured by L.A. Times, L.A. Weekly, L.A. Daily News, New York Post, Wall Street Journal, ABC News Nightline, Howard Stern, Good Day L.A., CBS2, KNBC4, KABC7, KCAL9, FOX 11, KCET (PBS) & KFI, KABC, K-TALK & KRLA radio.
“A very funny comedian.” – Howard Stern
“Stunned and amazed. We’ve never seen anything like the one and only Zuma Dogg.” – LA Times
Best of “The Zuma Dogg Show” (ZD’s comedy cable TV show)
Zuma Dogg on Howard Stern: The Y2K debut of Zuma Dogg. People still like watching this. Zuma Dogg vs City Hall: The heat! Video playlist that the new (Nov. 2019) script is based upon.
REALATED: ZD credited, in June 2019 “CityWatch LA,” for predicting and warning L.A. Mayor Eric Garcetti and City Clowncil of the homeless crisis that would be hitting L.A. streets, due to what they were doing. It’s now here and I was (sadly) correct.
ZD vs Hollywood TV shoot on public sidewalk: Some GOOD singin’ of Journey’s, “Don’t Stop Believin’!”VIDEO PITCH for, ‘Zuma Dogg Resists City Hall,’ TV script
ZUMA DOGG – Greatest Hits: Check, “I Like The Holidays.” (Holiday lyrics to, “Coconut Song,” beat.)
“I’ve seen the future of television comedy. Zuma Dogg is the only American comedian today wearing the comedy-genius mantle once borne by Lenny Bruce, Allen Funt and Andy Kaufman.” – Michael Heaton/Syndicated Columnist
* “Brain-seizing artistry. An L.A. cable TV superstar.” – LA Weekly
* “The world needs to hear Zuma Dogg sing AC/DC, ‘Hell’s Bells’.” – Rob & Dean DeLeo/STP!
* “The one and only, Zuma Dogg.” – Kerry Cavanaugh/LA Times
* “You took our concepts and extended them in way that I found very interesting.” – Al Ries (Author, “Marketing Warfare”/”Focus”/”Positioning”/”22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
* “Zuma Dogg is a crusader fighting for free-speech rights. He’s been able to do it with both humor and substance.” – Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti/Los Angeles Times
* “Your, “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points, “ is well done. I appreciate it much.” – Dr. W. Edwards Deming on “Interpreting Deming’s 14 Points,” by Zuma Dogg. (Published internationally in “Quality Digest.”)
* “Dave’s interpretation of ‘Deming’s 14 Points’ offers an invaluable take on Total Quality Management. He brings skill, passion and commitment to everything he does.” – Bob Pittman/CEO iHeartMedia (April 07, 2017 quote)
* “Zuma Dogg has been a community activist in Los Angeles for more than 10 years successfully taking on City Hall on numerous occasions.”/City Watch LA
* “Malibu celebrity” – Malibu Times (Do you KNOW what it takes to be considered a, “celebrity,” in MALIBU, by the newspaper?)
* “Zuma Dogg, who is smarter than and knows more about city government than most Council members, has become something of an urban folk hero, skewering City Hall foibles and failures in his frequent public comment appearances broadcast on Channel 35. His campaign for mayor attracted a respectable number of votes.” – Ron Kaye/RonKayeLA.com
* “Venice performing legend and multimedia presence.” – L.A. Councilmember (Venice district) Mike Bonin
* “Not many people can sing like Zuma Dogg.” – Tony Danza (Broadway/Vegas singing act)
* “Local Legend and civic warrior” – Doug McIntyre/790-KABC
* “L.A. needs Zuma Dogg.” – Jennifer Horn/KRLA, CRN
* “And, vote for Zuma Dogg.” – John & Ken Show/KFI
* “Everyone watches Zuma Dogg!” – Reggie Miller/NBA, TNT
* “It would be nice to see someone with the heroism of Zuma Dogg in office.” – Kevin James/870-KRLA Radio, L.A. City Commissioner
* “I like Zuma Dogg.” – Tim Conway, Jr./KFI
* “I’d just as soon vote for Zuma Dogg, as Villariagosa.” – Bill Handel/KFI (Maybe ZD should run for Governor!?)
* “More Brilliant than Andrew Brietbart. Zuma Dogg fought the oppressive, tightly controlled L.A. City Council meetings presided over by Council President Eric Garcetti, who had banned video cameras. After police tried to stop Zuma Dogg from taping the council deliberations, he railed against the big shots for months, slamming Garcetti as “Garshady” on his show and on his whistleblower blog. ‘Whatever happened to free speech in this country?,’ Zuma Dogg asked. He prevailed against Garcetti’s rules, and now brings his cameracorder to every council meeting, as can any member of the public thanks to him.” – LA Weekly.
* “Zuma Dogg, not only one of the most recognizable figures at City Hall, cordially greeted by passersby, including police and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, he also has the ear of high-level insiders, who feed him information in the hope that he’ll expose, and possibly stop, one questionable government project or another.” – LA Weekly
* “You’re actually one of my favorite people to watch on TV.” – Former L.A. Mayor Richard Riordan to Zuma Dogg on KABC radio.
* “An original treasure of Venice.” – Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl
* ” A civic treasure.” – Michael Higby/Mayor Sam’s Blog (L.A. politics)
* “Something between stunned and amazed. We’ve never seen anything like it. I like Zuma Dogg. He’s a class act.” – Los Angeles City Council President Herb Wesson